March 27, 2012

Emerson's 1st Birthday!!!

        Once again I cannot convey how very thankful we are for this wonderful little miracle in our lives.  We are truly blessed by our Heavenly Father to send us one of his children to nurture and raise.  Hopefully we don't mess up too bad.  He may get on our nerves often but one thing for sure is that all he has to do is smile and it all goes away.
        We decided to have Emerson's party at my Sister's home in Caliente: 1) then only we would have to travel instead of 8 other families, 2) she has a big enough home to accomodate us all, and 3) we needed to stop in Cedar on our way so I could meet my great friend Aimee's new little baby girl.
        We were having a hard time coming up with a theme so we went to the party store and walked around, Emerson kept reaching for the little foam basketballs so that became our theme with it being that time of year it worked out great. 
        When we first arrived I got to work on the smash cake, and dinner.  When my Mom gave me my birthday card since it is the day before Emerson's.  They had given me a gift certificate for a pedicure at the shop there in town for that night.  I was so happy my feet have been neglected for way to long.  My little sister was able to come with me and we had a fun time talking and catching up with each other as well as the lady that was doing my toes, who is a good friend of the family.
        The next day on his birthday we had dinner with all of our family, opened presents, and ate cake and ice cream.  It was such a fun time with all of our family.
Checking out his new carseat the night before we left

Above and Below: Destruction within the first 10 minutes at Grandma's



Apparently he can go out but not come back in.

Playing with Bridger

Twins

Talon was so excited to give him his present.  It was a Car's outfit and he will look so good in it this summer.



Super Hero tent from Matt's Family

A Lightening McQueen Walker and Rider from Grandpa and Grandpa Cumming

A Wagon from Grandpa and Grandma Cameron

Aunt Ashley gave him $10, and a few weeks later we were at build a bear and he fell in love with this bear and it was on sale for $10. It was a St. Patrick's Day bear, but we are calling it a Celtic's bear.


This is the smash cake that I made for him.  Not to bad if I say so myself.



Didn't like it at first...

then Daddy helped out...

and Grandpa showed him that he was having cake too and finally...

what a mess!

Daxton enjoyed playing with some of the toys, it was nice to be able to share with him, instead of him always sharing with Emerson.


Nellie and Emerson getting a wagon ride

The next day after church we took the kids home a little early since they were getting cranky.  Daxton seems to always need to eat when Emerson does.  I think he is giving him the evil eye in this picture.

Oh well turned out good in the end, they enjoyed a nice lunch together.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday buddy! Looks like you guys had of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay! It is great to know that you guys have a blog! It will be so much easier to keep tabs on your coming and goings. I have spent like the last two hours reading it! It was fun. Sorry, I didn't know that we were so good at avoiding the camera...you mentioned you couldn't get a pic of us or Grady. So sorry bout that. We will work on it. Hope your move is going well!

    ReplyDelete