December 19, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

        The other night John and I were talking after we had put Emerson to bed, and had some interesting thoughts.  We have been married for over ten years and this is the first Christmas since our first that we have both been very excited for Christmas.  No stress about shopping, dealing with crowds, putting up decorations, or just feeling tired of the whole holiday season.  We can attribute our wonderful feelings of excitement to having our amazing son in our lives.  This is the best present we could ever ask for and we are enjoying every minute of it.  So I wasn't suprised this year when John couldn't wait to get out the decorations and get festive.  It took a few days because we had to rearrange furniture in order to make room for the tree but it all ended up being worth it in the end. 
        So I am giving all my Thanks to our wonderful and loving Heavenly Father for giving us the chance to have a son and raise one of his blessed souls.  Having Emerson has changed and elevated our lives in ways that we could never imagine, it is the best thing ever.

At first he was more interested in watching Rudolph than helping with the tree


Then he decided he needed to be in the way



Tree is up



This is the ornament that Braxton made for Emerson last year.  It says Baby's First Christmas.

Decorated! We went minimal so that he wouldn't get into all the ornaments.






John loves this snowman, it sings Ice Ice Baby.  So he had fun getting Emerson to enjoy it too.


Decided to kiss the penguin, or eat it one of the two.
This is our newest Christmas addition.  I am so grateful that my Mother kept ahold of this.  It is a ceramic christmas tree that lights up.  It was made in my Grandma's ceramic shop that we used to have.  I was so happy when I found out that I would be able to have it to add to my collection. I had to replace the bulbs, but other than that it is PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment