December 19, 2011

A Bit of History

         Before Thanksgiving Emerson and I went down and stayed with my parents for a couple of weeks, while John went on some business trips.  While there one day the Steam Engine came through town.  This is only my second time seeing a Steam Engine so I took it as a once in a lifetime opportunity for Emerson to check it out. Even though he won't remember it he will have the pictures, we walked over to the tracks to have a look.  The elementary school kids were at the depot watching it and learning some things about it. Then one of the railroad workers that we have known for years offered people the chance to take a ride to Modena.  I couldn't let the nieces and nephews pass up this chance so they jumped on with RaChyl and I told them I would drive to Modena to pick them up.  So here are few pictures to capture this great opportunity.

So this is the best picture I could get of him with the engine in the background.  He wasn't that interested.

He was more interested in the rocks, after I took this picture I realized he had gotten a hold of one and was chewing on it.

Coming into Modena

RaChyl and the kids in the top of the railcar


The Happy Riders

No comments:

Post a Comment